So far, so good. This whole imprint strategy seems to make so much sense! There seems to be a lot of energy behind the new brands, and we hope to see an uptick in sales over the next year, as we fully implement.
Right now, we are engaged in a huge data update regarding your books:
1) Updates to Bowker — all of the books in print — to include imprint information.
2) Updates to Ingram to apprise them of the imprint changes.
3) Updates to Amazon for the same reason.
4) Updates to Baker & Taylor and Follett, too — more on this later.
This means, before long, you will see your books listed at the various online retailers under the imprints, assuming you have been assigned to something other than the base Sunbury Press imprint.
This is a great time to think about other updates you might want to make to your metadata. Books that are selling will receive a rebranding — change to the cover and interior. Have a look at your books and think about any improvements you might want to make:
1) Categories — is there a more targeted category?
2) Reviews — have you received any reviews from VIPs?
3) Awards — have you won any awards?
4) ECommerce — check your book on our website. Is it up to date? Do you have an author page on our site? We can help set this up.
5) Keywords — think about keyword assignments you might want to try. This could improve your book’s performance in online search.
Lastly, please be sure to like your imprint on Facebook. As we get into next year, we will be working with groups of authors associated with each imprint. Social media will be a big part of this.